Monday, September 28, 2009

If you could smell this..

So, my photos don't look as good as the ones I rip off the internet, but you should smell this, then you may be convinced, like me, that this photo is a brilliant work of art.. or not
I never thought I'd have a use for canned sweet potato, but while I was out buying some pumpkin, I decided, "hey, why not pick up canned sweet potato, that'll be useful.." that was over a month ago.. but today everything changed, I combined a few recipes to come up with my own brilliant sweet potato loaf!
Not too sweet, but extra spicy, it's the perfect snack (just look at the photo).. So here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup spelt flour + 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup old fashioned oats

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Heaping 1 cup canned sweet potato or pumpkin

1/4 cup egg

1 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preparation:

You know the drill … mix the dry ingredients together. Mix the wet ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add the walnuts. Bake in 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment