4 Turkey sausages (Nicki used the Freybe Turkey & Chicken Italian sausage with basil & fennel)
1 can diced tomatoes with chiles
1 carton of no / low sodium chicken stock
1 can drained & rinsed white kidney beans
1 bunch of kale
1 glug Worcestershire sauce
1 glug balsamic vinegar
1 squeeze anchovy paste (optional)
1. Put big soup pot on stove on medium high heat.
2. Chop sausage into bite sized pieces. Toss sausage into pot. Cook through if raw sausage or heat through if smoked fully cooked sausage.
3. Add undrained tomatoes and carton of chicken stock.
4. Heat to boiling.
5. Reduce heat.
6. Add drained rinsed beans.
7. Add chopped kale. Stir through soup. Nicki likes her kale almost raw. It is still lovely and bright green. Stir it in to warm it though.
8. Add glug of balsamic and Worcestershire and optional anchovy paste. Stir.
It takes 15 minutes total. It makes about 8 servings.
Nutrition info based on 8 servings:
It is high sodium for those watching their sodium levels. Nicki used zero sodium chicken broth. You could also use a no salt added canned tomatoes.