Nicki's been cooking up a storm which means new great recipes for BDHQ-ers to try! On the menu tonight is a Jambalaya full of flavor and protein. Yumm...perfect for a cold summer night in Victoria.
2 cups cooked brown rice
3/4lb boneless skinless chicken
2 sausages (optional, or try turkey sausage)
1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 onion diced
1 pepper, any colour, diced
2 ribs celery, chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp cajun seasoning
1. Brown chicken and sausage in big pot. Remove from pot.
2. Sautee onions, celery and peppers in pot until almost cooked.
3. Add canned tomatoes, brown rice, seasoning and cooked chicken/sausage.
4. Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
5. Add shrimp. Simmer until shrimp are opaque.
Makes 6 generous servings.